Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Deceiving Sun and the squirrels...

So today after I wake up, I looked through the window, and when I was near it I fell a heat wave coming from the glass. The Sun outside was bright, and the sky all clear. So I thought that this would be a very hot day, and I decided to wear light clothes. When I went outside I have felt a little unconfortable, it was a little cold, but then I thought - No, it is still early, it will get hotter! - So I came to the university wearing a shirt and a bermuda short. After a little while, I got to the university, and the temperature did not raise as I was expecting. So I am here chilling in this cold, the sun outside seems warmth and confortable, but it is not as it seems! It is almost summer here, last week the days were hot almost everyday, so I thought that sun means hot today. The temperature is around 18 degrees Celsius, and it was colder a little earlier. I guess it was 14 or 15 a little earlier. I will just think twice next time I decided to wear a bermuda.

Almost every bit o bureaucracy here is already solved. I have a place to live, a bank account, health insurance, a computer on my office's desk, my advisor is already here, my visa was validated, and my bank card is already in my hands. I also have already sent all the documentation CAPES need to start paying me here... I guess in 3 weeks I may have my first payment, I guess... And after that I am gonna buy my notebook.

Now I have to start to work without worrying to much about those things, and I can also look for a place where I can swim again... :)

I have not mentioned it yet, but there are LOTS of squirrels here. There is at least one or two of them near every tree, or green patch of grass you look. And it is almost time to go home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nossa, vc ta passando por tudinho que eu passei. Ficar boba com o onibus que chega na hora certa e é de graça. Ficar mais boba ainda com o fato de que qq coisa que vc pede pra ser enviada pra sua casa depois do ato da compra tem sistema de rastreio, chega no dia certo e permanece ali na sua porta o dia todo, intocável, esperando por vc. Sim, a porta de casa só tem uma tranquinha e a casa não tem muro! Eu abro a porta e estou na rua. Camera de segurança no ATM? Pra que, o ATM fica literalmente na parede da calçada e vc vai lá e saca toda aquela grana que a CAPES te paga sem nenhum problema, sem medo. ;-) Um dia, vou aí te ver!

beijinhos

Unknown said...

Venha mesmo! =D