Saturday, October 27, 2007

The path to Heavy Metal...

I gained my first Heavy Metal CD in my 18th birthday. It was a CD called "A Real Dead One", a live album from Iron Maiden. I guess I could not have chosen better than that to start. A live CD from Iron Maiden, with many of its great classics... I arrived at home and put it in the player, and then...

"Woe to you, Oh! Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, it's number is Six hundred and sixty six."

(Then it began: Dave Murray in one guitar, and Steve Harris in the bass guitar. Bruce Dickinson starts to sing. After a while Nicko McBrain in the drums, and Adrian Smith in the other guitar... and this is The Number of the Beast!!)





After that there was no turning back... I was lost forever, and the iron in my blood turned into iridium instantaneously. Heavy Metal running through my veins forever.

Two weeks later I had already other two Heavy Metal CDs. The second one was from a band called White Zombie, the band does not exist anymore, unfortunately, but until today they are one of my favorite bands. The song that lead me to buy that CD was called "More Human than Human" from the album Astro-Creep 2000, and by that time this music was playing on the radio (the dead, but never forgotten 107.5FM), and being aired on the MTV. And here is the video clip.




My life was already doomed, and there was another song playing in the radio that I needed by any means! It was the first track from the album Ozzmosis recorded by the master Ozzy Osbourne. The song's name is "Perry Mason". And that was my third Heavy Metal CD. (The video is slightly out of synchrony... bah!)




As I told you, it was REALLY impossible to turn back after all that. It was almost 12 years ago, a lot of things changed in my life, but Heavy Metal is a quiescent part of my life since that time, and I am sure it still will be when I reach the 250... And a long time after that, too...

No comments: